Write for Us
Be Part of RunSociety
RunSociety is an online magazine dedicated to Singapore's running scene with a core focus on events and product-driven reviews. It aims to offer objective insights into the nuances that hold this fast-growing community together, promoting sporting values and elements of runner-camaraderie that forge higher standards for the sport.
RunSociety is reaching out to more runners to join the family. As our slogan - RECORDS ARE BROKEN BY BONDS. – suggests, we’re definitely keen on inviting folks from the community to join us as guest writers.
Who Can Join RunSociety?
As long as you have a passion for running and would love to share it with the community, we welcome you. We don’t require you to have any experience as an established writer or blogger. However, if you have a blog or some sample pieces of work, do share it with us.
Here are some types of writers we are looking for:
- Runners (who participate in overseas runs)
- Runners (who take part in local runs with an extensive running portfolio)
- Running Coaches (who have invaluable training or racing advice to share)
- Photographers (not a runner, but a photographer with a specific interest in running events)
Please follow the instructions below:
- Contact us with a brief but distinctive description of yourself along with your running achievements (if available)
- Attach URLs of your work or your website (if available)
- Finally, suggest angles/stories which you’d like to contribute to RunSociety
We are interested in forging long-term collaborations with our guest writers. However, it’s fine if you cannot contribute on a frequent basis.
If you can’t think of anything to contribute, you still can write in to us to say 'Hi'. We love to make new friends!
We can’t thank you enough for contributing to RunSociety. As we work closely with many sporting brands and event organisers, we’ll be able to offer you some perks as guest writers. For now, these are just some of the benefits:
- Each guest writer will be acknowledged with a profile on RunSociety linking back to your online credentials, i.e. Website, Facebook, Twitter.
- Open the opportunity to showcase your running portfolio to industry leaders (e.g. brands and organisers)
- Receive recognition and appreciation from the running community
- Get free products to review if available
- Get to know more runners and friends
- There are more exciting benefits coming soon
Type of Articles
In order to maintain the quality of our articles, each article written for RunSociety will need to correspond with our style and guidelines before it is published. As such, we cannot promise that all guest articles written will be published. Here are a few areas of interest that RunSociety is looking at:
Stories - If you have been travelling around to take part in overseas runs, we would love to hear your stories.
Product Reviews - We receive a fair bit of gears and shoes from our sporting partners constantly. That said, we need experienced runners to try them out and produce unbiased reviews that can be shared with the community.
If there are other future pointers that you think might suit RunSociety or aren’t sure if the article you’d like to share is suitable, please do not hesitate to contact us.