ASEAN Together Run 2019
|Start Date||September 18, 2018|
|End Date||August 8, 2019|
|Venue||ASEAN Country Landmarks|
|Address||1 Na Phra Lan Rd, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand|
|Distance Type||100km 200km 21km 42km 5km|
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is organising ASEAN Together Run 2019 to promote domestic tourism within ASEAN countries through the concept of "Run & Travel through VR. This concept of "Run & Travel" is a way to create a network of ASEAN runners while promoting tourism in any ASEAN countries. Plus, if everyone managed to work together and accumulate a distance of 652,190 kilometres, all the proceeds will be converted as donation to the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).
The Virtual Race (VR) are divided into 5 different categories:
- 5 km: For those who are interested in starting their fun run.
- 21 km: For those who start falling in love with running and want to develop their potential to the next level.
- 42 km: For those who overcome the limit and want to keep running activity.
- 100 km: For those who run for passion and want to be a tough runner.
- 200 km: For those who want to be a full runner and stepping into a full race.
Different levels have different cut-off timing effectively from 18th September 2018 - 8th August 2019.
The medal is designed in such a way that it is aligned with the slogan of ASEAN as One Vision, One Identity, One Community. There are 5 different pieces to be assembled together. To grab all 5 pieces, the participants would have to travel to different landmark around ASEAN countries. At least, one of ASEAN countries outside the country of residence and also has one run in Thailand.
Examples such as:
- Thailand: Grand Palace
- Indonesia: Borobudur
- Singapore: Merlion
- Malaysia: Petronas Tower
- Philippines: San Agustin Church
- Brunei: Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque
- Vietnam: Ha Long Bay
- Laos: Patuxay
- Myanmar: Schweda Kong
- Cambodia: Angkor Wat