JB Half Marathon 2016 is in conjunction of JB Wake Up! Car Free Day for the month of September 2016. The event objectives are:
- To encourage community to exercise in the morning without vehicles.
- To create sportsmanship and strengthen social relationship between social runner and professional runner from over Malaysia and across the border (Singapore) multi-racial instead of recreation activity cultivating healthy culture.
- To boost up Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru (MBJB) reputation for supporting community healthy activity in sports field.
- Participants will earn golden opportunity and precious experience because of running in the heart of Johor Bahru city and Danga Bay while enjoy beautiful scenery on sun rise.
- To increase tourism rate from Singaporean which participate in this marathon event. This is a Public Private Community Partnership to encourage Smart Healthy Living amongst the community in Iskandar Malaysia.
- To improve quality of living and a Sense of Belongings amongst Communities towards Smart Healthy Living in Iskandar Malaysia.