Be Part of RunSociety
RunSociety is the first online magazine dedicated to Singapore's and Asia's running scene with a core focus on events, news and product-driven reviews. It aims to offer objective insights into the nuances that hold this fast-growing community together, promoting sporting values and elements of runner-camaraderie that forge higher standards for the sport.
RunSociety is reaching out to more runners to join the family. As our slogan - RECORDS ARE BROKEN BY BONDS. – suggests, we’re definitely keen on inviting folks from the community to join us and contribute to the running scene.
Who Can Join RunSociety?
As long as you have a passion for running and would love to share it with the community, we welcome you. We don’t require you to have any experience as an established writer or blogger. However, if you have a blog or some sample pieces of work, do share it with us.
Here are some types of writers we are looking for:
- Runners (who participate in overseas runs or take part in local runs with an extensive running portfolio)
- Running Coaches, Trainers and Performance Consultants (who have invaluable training or racing advice to share)
- Photographers (a photographer with a specific interest in running events or sports photography)
- Industry Experts (such as dietician, nutritionist, doctor, physiotherapist or even psychologist)
Please follow the guidelines below:
- Contact us with a brief but distinctive description of yourself along with your running achievements (if available)
- Attach URLs of your work or your website (if available)
- Finally, suggest angles/stories which you’d like to contribute to RunSociety
We are interested in forging long-term collaborations with our guest writers. However, it’s fine if you cannot contribute on a frequent basis.
If you can’t think of anything to contribute, you still can write in to us to say 'Hi'. We love to make new friends!
We can’t thank you enough for contributing to RunSociety. As we work closely with many sporting brands and event organisers, we’ll be able to offer you some perks as guest writers. For now, these are just some of the benefits:
- Each guest writer will be acknowledged with a prominent profile on RunSociety linking back to your online credentials, i.e. Website, Facebook, Twitter.
- Open the opportunity to showcase your running portfolio to industry leaders (e.g. brands and organisers)
- Receive recognition and appreciation from the running community
- Prospect of receiving free products to review if available
- The opportunity to receive discounted or free entry to running events, when available.
- Get to know and socialize with more runners and friends
- There are more exciting benefits coming soon
Type of Articles
In order to ensure the quality of our articles, each article written for RunSociety will need to correspond with our style and guidelines before it is published. As such, we cannot promise that all guest articles written will be published. Here are a few areas of interest that RunSociety is looking at:
- Real-life Stories and Personal Experiences - If you have been travelling around to take part in overseas runs, we would love to hear your stories.
- Product Reviews - We receive a fair range of gear and shoes from our sporting partners constantly. That said, we need experienced runners to try them out and produce unbiased reviews that can be shared with the community.
- Tricks and Tips - If you have an effective secret training formula or running tips that you wish to share, we have the audience willing to listen.
- Interesting Inspiration - Have you discovered a new running route or stumbled on some cool and unique running products? Don't keep it to yourself, share with the community.
- Professional Insights and Analysis - If you have ground breaking news and research to enlighten the running industry, we can help to create awareness within the community, though all articles have to be supported by credible sources.
If there are other future pointers or suggestions that you think might suit RunSociety or aren’t sure if the article/information you’d like to share is suitable, please do not hesitate to contact us.