Singapore’s vibrant adidas running community turns two! In celebration of that, adidas is organising a special community event on 19 October 2019. Coaches, captains and crew runners will show up ready to lead and mark this momentous occasion at 4 p.m. that day, at the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) Sports & Recreation Centre’s running track. Grab this opportunity to see what all of the excitement is about!
A short but proud history
Does a movement have to have a long track record to be considered a success? Not really. Case in point: When adidas Runners (aR) was conceived in 2017, the brand had big hopes to inspire the community and they were not disappointed. In fact, there are currently more than 5,000 active members on the adidas Runners Facebook Group, with new runners participating in the running sessions every week. A very impressive achievement in a short span of only two years!
Established to enable runners to reach their full performance potential, the aR community has become a huge driving force on the Singapore running scene for numerous reasons. From the group’s holistic training approach to the enthusiasm generated when runners get together to condition each week, newcomers and veterans are welcomed with open arms.
As a progressive training programme, each run focuses on different themes (speed, endurance and strength) and combinations of workouts that enable runners to achieve their fitness goals at any stage of their fitness journey:
- Strength runs: Builds muscle strength with increased resistance in uphill and downhill running.
- Endurance runs: Enhances one’s endurance with slightly longer runs on flat ground, whereby the focus on form and breathing is of utmost importance.
- Speed runs: High-intensity training by including short sprints within the overall run.
Besides running, the group also organises sports educational talks for members to learn more about running techniques and injury prevention, and a variety of fitness classes including HIIT, boxing, spin and pilates. With such a dynamic training programme, it’s no wonder the group has seen rapid growth and rising popularity in the last two years!
About the adidas Runners’ 2nd Anniversary Run
What can you expect if you’re selected as one of the lucky 300 participants in the upcoming anniversary run? An opportunity to be part of the first-ever 2KM Hustle.
Why 2KM? 2KM is symbolic of the community turning two. In addition, 2KM is a respectable endeavor for entry-level runners to jog continuously.
adidas is putting muscle behind this event, so this is your chance to up your personal best and set the community’s best 2KM timing, in the company of comrades who share your ambition and community spirit—newcomers and seasoned runners alike! How many opportunities have you been given to push yourself within a field of ambitious athletes, each of whom understands how important individual and collective efforts can be when everyone strives for excellence?
Don’t miss the chance and sign up now.
Balloting will close on 15 October at 11.55 p.m., and successful registrants will receive a confirmation email by 17 October, 12.00 p.m.
Be part of this unique day
Received your registration confirmation? You can now prepare for the big day! Train like a warrior. Watch your diet. Prepare yourself for all possibilities and expect surprises. And don’t forget to check the aR Singapore Facebook page for more tips!
- Show up at 4 p.m. on 19 October at the registration hub, in your running gear and ready to hustle! You won’t want to miss the introduction, briefing and warm-up.
- At flag off, you’ll run like the wind to make your mark at this second anniversary event. This is where you’ll beat your personal best and achieve new heights as a community!
- Cool down in time to be part of group photo opportunities set to take place at 6:45 p.m. Capture this special day and the wonderful memories that you’ve made!
- At 7 p.m., treat yourself to a sunset yoga session. Stretch it out and cool it down; prepare your body for a good recovery!
- End the day by dropping by the special station set up by stretch specialists, eager to help sprinters further relax and unwind. You deserved it!
Stick around for the fun
No celebration is complete without an invitation — as pop singer Pink enthusiastically suggests—to "Get This Party Started”! Post-sprint activities won’t disappoint. Enjoy refreshments and surprises that cap a day of achievement, commitment and community spirit — exactly what you would expect from a community that has gone from start-up to sensation in just a matter of two years.
When you head home, you’ll take with you the pride in your performance, in your community and in the sport you have come to love. And aren’t these exactly the reasons why you joined this vibrant community in the first place? Show your sport some love and keep plenty of it for yourself at this one-of-a-kind event. More importantly, encourage your friends to sign up soon to secure the limited spots!
This is a moment in Singapore running history that you are going to want to share.
Are you ready to get in on the action and earn the distinction of being part of a friendly group of only 300 competitors? Register now before the slots get snapped up!