WELCOME TO RUNSOCIETY!
Here at RunSociety, you’ll find a lively, level-diverse community of runners, enthusiasts and smart, knowledgeable folks. Our goal as always is to foster bonding through conversations that are insightful, helpful, and most of all, fun. In order to facilitate this though we need your help, so here are some guidelines to get you started.
HOW TO POST AND COMMENT
There are several ways to get involved with the discussion here on RunSociety. We’ll cover specific guidelines for what’s cool, and what’s not below, but here are the basics on how to:
- Post a comment: We love comments, and simply by signing in via Disqus, you can comment on any story here on RunSociety.
- Tip us!: We love to hear from you. We have an easy way for you to send us tips, even anonymous ones, via our handy contact form.
OUR RUNNER’S CODE
RunSociety is proud to grow with you, the running community. We strive to stick by a high standard code of conduct and ethics imposed by building a constructive and healthy community. Here’s a list of things that we emphasize. Do note that this list is not exhaustive and our moderators reserve the right to remove anything we deem inappropriate.
- Spam: We have a zero tolerance policy on spam, whether it’s by robot or human! Do not spam us instead focus your energy on a meaningful run.
- Illegal and Harmful Activities: Links to illegal or attack sites, ways to steal service, viruses or any other disreputable activity are strictly not condoned.
- Defamation and Personal Attacks: In short, we frown on personal attacks and insults thrown towards other users and our writers. It’s not healthy, and it doesn’t make RunSociety a friendly place for others to join in with great conversations. Any such comments will be promptly removed.
- Pornographic/Obscene Materials: Certainly not allowed. Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable. We reserve the right to remove any post we deem offensive.
- Racism, Sexism, and other Discrimination: A tad harder to define, but we know it when we see it. Attacking entire classes of people is just like attacking a single person: we’ll remove any such comments immediately.
- Profanity: Cursing and swearing, a bunch of profanity, attacking other commenters or just being persistently nasty or mean-spirited reflects badly on you. Please don’t do that and vent your anger elsewhere.
- Image Theft and Copyright: We capture photos because we want to give back to the community. Our images are the property of RunSociety and our photography is not for commercial use. Feel free to share our photographs around but please don’t claim them as yours. All our photographs are free ONLY for personal use, and we really appreciate it if you give credit back to us at our website, or the exact official RunSociety Facebook Page.
- Content Plagiarism: Our content is fueled by a pool of dedicated writers with hours of hard work put into each article. We appreciate that you like our content but please do not republished or copy them. It’s bad karma, really!
- Official Media Partners: With your support, we have made rewarding partnerships with numerous running events and sporting brands. As Official Media Partners, RunSociety reserves the rights to any form of media (photo, video and otherwise) taken by us.
- Moderation: With your support, we can create a wonderful running community. Our priority here is to provide a fun, informative and welcoming environment for everyone. We’ll remove any comment or content that we feel is harmful to that endeavour, with the bottom line being that the editors and moderators have the final say on what’s allowed here.
Staying Updated: There’s a few ways you can stay connected with RunSociety throughout your social media world and here’s a handy list of ways to do so:
- You can subscribe to RunSociety via RSS to get full updates on our content.
- The RunSociety Twitter feed is great for getting the latest breaking news the minute it’s posted.
- Check out our active RunSociety Facebook page, like it, share it with your friends and spread the word to fellow runners. Like us, and we’ll love you right back.
- Indulge in browsing our Photos Gallery to spot that beautiful face of yours.
- Our YouTube Channel and Instagram provides even more inventive perks to entertain you.
RunSociety is here to capture your moments of triumph, as a well-earned reward for the training that you put in. In doing so, we aim to grow and go the distance with this vibrant, wonderful community. We want you to keep these memories – you deserve it from all the hard work of running!
Keep to these guidelines and you’ll always have a place in our heart here at RunSociety. We’re glad you’ve come to our home, and we’re always around if you need to ask us anything.
The RunSociety Team