New 2XU SG-Run: Expect Twice the Fun and Excitement This Year
Has your activity calendar got a conspicuous hole early in October that begs to be filled so you don’t lose your running momentum? No worries. The 2XU Singapore Run to the rescue!
You can tell the truth: Are you a label snob? There’s no disgrace in admitting that you like the idea of having a label emblazoned down your leg, arm or across your back if that label happens to 2XU, a company that’s headquartered in Australia and New Zealand, so designers understand the sensibilities of runners who make the marathon scene throughout Asia.
This athletic clothing manufacturer has only been around since 2005, producing lines of sportswear known for innovation that provokes our question: “Do You XU?” We’re not asking if your drawers are filled with branded garments. We want to know if you plan to show up for the 2XU SG-Run on 6th October? This sponsored race offers two distance categories and plenty of opportunities to shine.
Where 2 Show up and run
You’ve already filled in the date, but it helps to know where you’re going if you plan to compete at the 2XU: It’s to be staged at Gardens by the Bay East, next to Marina Bay’s Passion Wave. Flag off is at 5:30 p.m. if you opt for the 21km event or you can hang around until 6:15 p.m. if you intend to run the 10km.
In either case, cut-off times are 4 and 2.5 hours after flag off, so don’t mess around trying to figure out what to wear in addition to the 2XU running singlet you'll be given!
Pick up your entitlements on either 22 or 23 September from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Marina Square Central Atrium (6 Raffles Boulevard). Cross the finish line to get your hands on a 2XU finisher t-shirt, medal and e-certificate. What? You want more? Better step up because the top three finishers in each category will waltz away with trophies.
Register for either the men’s or women’s open or men’s and women’s veteran category at Spacebib and you’re good to go.
Why the 2XU is a perfect run for U
- Everybody looks sexier in the moonlight, so if you’re not shy about admitting that the 2XU is an awesome place to meet someone special, make sure you wear your favourite perfume or after shave.
- You’ve got a gaping space on the shelf that displays your awards, and there's just enough room for a 2UX trophy if you come out on top.
- Temperatures are cooler at nightfall, so you won’t have to sweat much.
- If you’ve only run daytime races in the past, this is your opportunity to do a night run when different people show up for the experience and they’re all super-pumped once the sun goes down!
- If you love this company, why turn down the chance to pay homage to 2XU for making you look so sexy, sleek and sporty? If wearing their compression garments has improved everything about your running experience, you’ve double the reason to wear the brand.
- Because the gorgeous athletes featured in hot YouTube ads for 2XU are just as good as watching movies (maybe better!).
- Notice the differences between the 2XU SG-Run and the 2XU Compression Run to see how diverse the company’s sponsored races are. There’s a different organiser, flag-off timing, venue and entitlement designs, but you won’t notice any difference in the amount of excitement that rules the night.
- Because only 3,000 runners are invited to compete, if you slack off and wait until registration is about to close on 23rd September, you’re going to be really, really mad at yourself!
It’s been 26 years since the U.S. rock group Right Said Fred released their hit song, “I’m Too Sexy For My Shirt.” When you run the 2XU SG-Run, what music will you listen to on your device that makes you feel just as sexy as your shirt?