The Newton Online Challenge has morphed from a popular street event into an online challenge that still includes plenty of hard work, excitement and rewards. But you get to skip race day queues, traffic dodging, porta john lines and race pack collection confusion. Same grand brand. New format that suits your lifestyle.
The Newton Online Challenge is scheduled to run between 14th and 28th January 2019. Because you call all the shots, you don’t have to show up anywhere you don’t want to be. Run whenever you want, wherever you want, and from any part of the globe. You set the schedule. Select from 10km, 21.1k or 42.195km categories and then double check your favourite GPS tracker to make sure it captures readings that prove you ran. Sounds easy, right? It is!
About the Newton Online Challenge
Having checked your schedule for January and found that you can undertake this activity without having to juggle anything, your first step is to sign up no later than 13th January. If you wait too long, all slots could fill. Once you’re registered, Spacebib remains your link to the online event. It’s where you’ll return to upload distances.
Whether you undertake this challenge alone or convince your mates to get off their butts and join you, it will be a race to the finish on your terms and the payoffs rock. You get an E-Cert, unisex running t-shirt and impressive 3D, laser-engraved medal of antique bronze (10km), antique silver (21.1km) or antique gold (42.195km).
How can you let the world know that you’re running an online race since there’s no start time, date or place for your cheering squad to stand? Use favourite social media platforms to become your own publicist. Snap selfies and post them using race #hashtags so friends can cheer you on. Even your mum will want to follow you!
10 reasons to run the Newton Online Challenge
- It’s the perfect way to spend the early days of 2019 by renewing your run commitment.
- Establish your own run hours and places. Even if you travel for work, you can keep accruing distances.
- Online races are so trendy, feel free to brag about your participation to anyone who will listen.
- Increase your t-shirt, certificate and medal collection so you can impress members of the opposite sex.
- Register for any of 3 categories, one of which is sure to suit your current fitness level.
- Celebrate the fact that race pack collection is in your rear view mirror. Your rewards come by post.
- If you’re running a regular marathon during this time, use that distance to hype your total.
- Yes, you can climb stairs. If you work in a high rise, stop using the elevator. Now.
- No need to shop for new devices! Got a GPS-based app, gadget or smartwatch? It’s probably acceptable.
- You can take your dog along. If he’s packed on pounds, you’ll help him stay fit and healthy, too.
What’s on your calendar for January? The Newton Online Challenge is one of the easiest ways to launch your 2019 New Year’s resolution to stay fit, so take advantage of this opportunity to work a race around your busy life.[su_button url=”https://runso.co/NOC19″ target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#5BC8E9″ color=”#ffffff” size=”12″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ desc=”Registration Ends 13 January”]Join The Newton Online Challenge 2019 Now![/su_button]