lululemon’s First Store in Asia Opened in Singapore After Much Local Anticipation
lululemon athletica – A yoga-inspired technical athletic apparel company who make men's and women's apparel for yoga, running, dance, and most other sweaty pursuits has opened its first store in Asia at ION Orchard Singapore, #B1-11 on Sunday, 14 December 2014.
Local events and experiences created by lululemon showrooms at Club Street and Joo Chiat has received huge popularity and support from the local community as Singaporeans have a growing passion for yoga, running, cycling and general health and fitness. This is why lululemon has decided to select Singapore as the location for its first store in Asia.
Since its opening, the store has several initiatives and engagement with the community, such as:
- We Love Mondays: A pilot initiative in Singapore where lululemon partnered with companies to bring yoga and fitness classes in to their offices for people to enjoy a healthy workout and refreshments, for a productive start to the week.
- Manifesto Found Art: In partnership with three young local artists, lululemon has commissioned a series of wall murals around Singapore. Based on the lululemon manifesto, they are meant to inspire positivity in all who naturally encounter the artwork.
- "this is not your practice life, this is all that there is" by Oak&Bindi at Haji Lane (on the wall of Buttons Up)
- "creativity is maximized when you are living in the moment" by Dewi-Marie at 82 Boat Quay (on the wall of Fitness Factory)
- "friends are more important than money" by Adeline Tan on a bus that will travel around the island
- Complimentary Community Classes: the store will host weekly community exercise classes for guests beginning in 2015 in partnership with lululemon ambassadors. lululemon ambassadors are local athletes, instructors and/or role models in communities who reflect lululemon's core values.
What kind of products does lululemon have?
The 3,700 square feet store at ION Singapore is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Customers both men and women will be pampered with a huge selection of high quality athletic and performance apparel which are created specifically for yoga and other sports. The store will have limited edition SIGG water bottle expressly for the Singapore market as well as a custom design for their women's Cool Racerback Tanks created in collaboration with Oak&Bindi, Lydia Yang.
What makes lululemon product unique?
lululemon is designed by athletes for athletes to carry them seamlessly throughout their day. Functional elements like four-way stretch and moisture wicking fabrics allow their guests to transform their look and take the product from the studio to the street in style. Key pieces like the Wunder Under Pant and Cool Racerback Tank set the foundation for building any outfit, for any occasion. These products are created with special fabric like:
- Luon™, their signature technical fabric designed to handle serious stretch and sweat and has these performance qualities:
- four-way stretch
- cottony soft
- designed not to shrink
- Luxtreme™, a high performance fabric developed for long runs and workouts, possesses the following properties:
- four-way stretch
- serious support
- cool, smooth feel
- low-friction performance o breathable
- designed not to shrink
- Silverescent® fabric technology, powered by X-STATIC®. The X-STATIC® technology embedded in Silverescent fabric bonds 99.9% pure silver to the surface of every fibre — which means that there's stink-conquering technology woven into the very fabric of your favourite workout clothes. And it will never wash out or stop working.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.