The Penang Run Series was initiated by Penang Chief Minister YAB Tuan Lim Guan Eng in 2013. A great running event for the running community in Malaysia, the Penang Run Series allows runners to discover the wonderful state of Penang.
For this year, following the success and overwhelming response from the runners on Penang Run 2013-2014 route Penang Island series, the race organisers are ready to bring in the new Penang Run series 2014-2015 for all the runners who are always ready to challenge themselves progressively.
Bringing a Different Kind of Excitement to Runners
This New Penang Run Series 2014-2015 is focused on the Seberang Perai route, a truly new discovery and experience for all the runners. The Penang Government believes this will bring a thoroughly different kind of excitement to runners in Malaysia.
The Penang Run 2014-2015 Seberang Perai Series is divided into three series to mark the run of three districts in Seberang Perai. They are:
- North Seberang Perai (Seberang Perai Utara), 01 June 2014.
- South Seberang Perai (Seberang Perai Selatan). 26 October 2014.
- Central Seberang Perai (Seberang Perai Tengah) 11 January 2015.
See the Essence of Seberang Perai
When people talk about Penang, they usually refer to Penang Island. With the new Penang Run 2014-2015, the focus is brought to mainland Penang. With its dense population, Seberang Perai is one of the most developed areas in the Northen region of Peninsular Malaysia.
Penang Run Main Objectives:
- To adopt a healthy living style through running. Create a community that is physically and mentally balanced to promote good health and also a “go green” mindset.
- Promote Penang state into a running and runners’ state.
- Promote unity and understanding of different cultures through sports in the Penang State, as well as Malaysia.
- To boost tourism in Penang showcasing the essence of Seberang Perai, Penang.
Truly Unique Finisher Rewards for Runners
The Penang Run 2014-2015 has some great finisher rewards.There will be a different singlet for each race, and a special finishing T-shirt for those who registered for the combo or all 3 parts of the series.
Along with an eCertificate of participation, the 3 finishing medals (for those who complete within the 3 hour cut-off time) will also combine together to form a unique shape. There will also be a total of RM$64,700 in cash prizes to be won!
What are you waiting for? Join the Penang Run Series 2014-2015 now!
Registrations are still open for the second and third legs of the Penang Run Series 2014-2015, which takes place on 26 October 2014 and 11 January 2015 respectively.