OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 Race Results: Sleep Can Wait
Did you get your new PB at this year Asia's largest night marathon?
The OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 raised the bar for the 11th edition of the race, attracting 25,500 runners and proving that Sleep Can indeed Wait for those looking for an enhanced race experience from start to finish.
The OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 took place from 19 May 2018 to 20 May 2018 at the F1 Pit Building, Singapore. The 5KM Fun Run flag off at 8 p.m, 10KM Challenge at 10 p.m., 21.1KM Half Marathon at 11.45 p.m., and 42.195KM Full Marathon at 1 a.m.
OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 Full Official Results List
OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 10KM Challenge Race Results
A total of 6,940 participants, consist of 3,377 women and 3,563 men participated in the OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 10KM Challenge. Here are the top runners:
- 1st: Godfrey Kiprotich Ngetich, 00:36:04.0
- 2nd: Quek, Benjamin, 00:38:18.5
- 3rd: Lee, Leroi, 00:41:19.0
- 1st: Kee, Phoebe, 00:42:55.0
- 2nd: Tang, Lucy, 00:48:27.0
- 3rd: Jolynn, Ng, 00:49:59.0
OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 21.1KM Half Marathon Results
A total of 5,353 participants, consist of 1,303 women and 4,050 men participated in the OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 21.1KM Half Marathon. Here are the top runners:
- 1st: Lel, Kipchirchir, 01:10:24.6
- 2nd: Ngetich, Miller Kipruto, 01:14:23.0
- 3rd: Gurung, Nimesh, 01:14:27.1
- 1st: Jepkosgei, Naum, 01:28:18.1
- 2nd: Cameron, Jenna, 01:37:50.8
- 3rd: Ho, Kelly, 01:45:33.5
OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 42.195KM Full Marathon Results
A total of 5,916 participants, consist of 2,195 women and 3,721 men participated in the OSIM Sundown Marathon 2018 42.195KM Full Marathon. Here are the top runners:
- 1st: John Muiruri,Mburu, 02:29:07.1
- 2nd: Rotich, Willy Kipkemoi, 02:29:42.0
- 3rd: Mugi,Muthokai John, 02:36:30.1
- 4th: Lamchannak, Ahmad, 02:59:41.7
- 5th: Qu Jinchao, 03:03:26.6
- 1st: Hu, Xiu Ying, 03:35:50.9
- 2nd: Yan Li, 03:38:39.0
- 3rd: Nakajima, Asuka, 03:40:13.1
- 4th: Tan, Sharon, 03:44:37.4
- 5th: Siew, Yvonne, 03:46:20.8
A Greener Race Experience
This year, Sundown Marathon collaborated with the Public Hygiene Council and Green Ambassador, Tyre Lady to encourage both runners and supporters to "Bin It" and reduce large amounts of waste typically generated at large events.
Furthermore, additional recycling bins, larger Screened Disposal Areas (SDA) and more signage encouraged runners to dispose of their trash in a responsible manner. Tyre Lady and her entourage of Green Ambassadors wore signs to lift runners' spirits while spreading the eco-message.
Are you looking forward to the Sundown Marathon 2019?
Update, 20 May 2018: Official results have been updated.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.