4 Delicious Breakfast Parfaits for Runners
Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and that's especially for runners! Because time is precious, no cooking or baking is required for these yummy parfaits! Spend it hitting the road rather than on cooking, baking, chopping and slicing in the morning!
Before we start, here's a quick tip: Get into the habit of "Sunday Night Prep"! Do your grocery shopping, stew your apples and slice all your fruits ahead of time. Mix your rolled oats and milk of choice together in a mason jar and store it in the refrigerator overnight to make the next day's preparation even easier!
Coconut & Mango Gula Melaka (Coconut Sugar) Parfait
Start your day with an energy boosting local themed delight like the Coconut-Mango and Gula Melaka Parfait!
Packed with fibre, heart healthy fats, electrolyte-balancing coconut water and energy giving cubes of mango, this special treat will be sure to brighten your day!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut water or milk of choice
- 1 tsp. gula melaka (or honey)
- ½ cup mango cubes
- ½ cup coconut flesh
- *Night before: prepare ½ cup rolled oats and ½ cup coconut water to make the Bircher muesli base.
- Layer the gula melaka, mango cubes and coconut flesh on Bircher muesli base. Stir and enjoy!
Warm Apple Cinnamon Parfait
Who doesn't love the smell of cinnamon and apple together? This fragrant combination also doubles as the perfect comfort food!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 stewed apple, diced
- Generous shakes of cinnamon powder
- *Night before: prep ½ cup oats and ½ cup milk of choice to make Bircher muesli base.
- Layer diced apples and top with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon powder. Breathe deeply!
- For a tummy warming experience, heat up Bircher muesli and pre-made apple slices before consumption.
Honey Almond Berries Granola Parfait
This is a parfait combination well loved by many! Indulge in this crowd favourite recipe that's chock full of antioxidants and vitamins.
- 1 container of Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup store-bought granola
- ½ cup strawberry slices
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Drizzle of honey
- Pour yoghurt into a cup, layer with granola of choice.
- Top with strawberry slices, blueberries and drizzle with honey.
"Everything But the Kitchen Sink" Banana-Chocolate Parfait
Eating healthy means caring for your wallet and the environment as well! Take out all your leftover fruits in the fridge for this parfait. No food wastage please!
Whatever your leftover fruit combination may be, adding cocoa powder is a great way to take everything up a notch and welcome the weekend.
Oh, did I mention that this parfait is completely refined sugar-free? OH YES!
- 1 portion rolled oats soaked in water or milk overnight
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. milk of choice or water
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Leftover fruits from the week
Combine unsweetened cocoa powder, water (or milk) and chia seeds into a blender. Whizz into chocolate sauce.
Pour sauce over muesli and top with left over fruits from the week.
Bonus Recipe: Superfood Green Smoothie!
Here's a bonus recipe for you; a smoothie that takes even less time to prepare!
If you don't have time for anything else, much less any sort of fancy breakfast, meet all your nutritional needs with this Superfood green smoothie!
- 1 cup kale and spinach
- 1 cup milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 tsp Nutri-Green chlorella blend
- Sprinkle of almond slivers
Blend everything together, top with almond slivers, grab and go!
Nutritious No-Cook, No-Bake Parfaits for You!
Whether you are an avid marathoner or just a weekend warrior, these breakfast parfait ideas are a great way to start your day on the right foot!
For even more yummy ideas, check out some breakfast recipes that can be created in 15 minutes or less!