5 Easy & Healthy Post Workout Shakes Recipes
There's no doubt that abiding by a healthy diet is critical in staying fit. Eating well after a workout is even more important for to continue burning fat and building muscle. Thankfully, creating a few ideal post workout shakes right at home can be quick and easy.
Spinach and Strawberry Shake
Spinach not only provides a nice texture and vibrant color to shakes, but is also rich in various vitamins and nutrients, including Vitamin A, Vitamin K, potassium, fiber, and more. Strawberries also add a nice texture to smoothies while incorporating a tart flavor. Strawberries, like spinach, are also a great source of fiber and various vitamins and nutrients, like Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, and more.
- To create a tasty, nutrient-dense spinach and strawberry shake, simply begin by placing a cup of almond or low fat or organic coconut milk in a blender.
- Next, add a cup of spinach and a heaping handful of sliced strawberries.
- To add a little protein, which is critical for muscle growth after a workout, add a scoop of amino acid rich whey protein powder, which will promote muscle building.
- Blend together until the texture is consistent, then enjoy one of the healthiest post workout foods.
Coconut Lime Shake
Another one of the healthiest milk shakes recipes is the coconut lime shake. Coconut is noted for containing healthy fats, iron, Vitamin C, and potassium, while also providing a solid source energy, making the 1/4 cup of dried coconut a tasty and healthy inclusion to the coconut milk base.
- Begin by pouring a cup of low fat or organic coconut milk and 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt into your blender.
- Next, add the juice of one Vitamin-C rich lime for a citrus boost to one of the lightest, most refreshing post workout foods.
- Again, be sure to add protein for proper muscle growth and repair by adding a scoop of whey protein powder and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a lime wedge for a shake that's as attractive as it is nutritious.
Ginger, Apple, and Carrot Shake
For a spicy kick after an intense workout, try making a ginger, apple, and carrot shake. The carrots are not only filling, but are also rich in many vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, folate, fiber, and more. All apples are rich in fiber and Vitamin C and add a naturally sweet flavor, while diced ginger adds a zesty taste while also preventing inflammation.
- Begin with a cup of low fat or organic coconut milk in a blender.
- Add one large, sliced carrot, one sliced apple of your choice, and 1/4 cup of chopped ginger.
- Finally, add a scoop of whey protein powder and blend until smooth, garnishing with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg, two spices that provide a bit of calcium and powerful antioxidants.
Spinach, Kiwi, and Blueberry Shake
Another one of the best healthy drinks to enjoy after a challenging workout is the spinach, kiwi, and blueberry shake. Spinach is known for being an abundant source of iron, magnesium, Vitamin K, calcium, and more. Kiwi, also a great source of vitamins and nutrients, is rich in Vitamin C, fiber, and more. Blueberries, one of the best sources of antioxidants, are high in fiber, manganese, and Vitamin K.
- To concoct one of the most ideal post workout foods, begin with a cup of almond milk, then add a heaping handful of spinach.
- Next, slice up one kiwi and add a heaping handful of blueberries, before finishing with a scoop of whey protein powder.
- Blend spinach, kiwis and blueberries together for one of the healthiest, most satisfying milk shakes recipes.
Peanut Butter Banana Shake
The banana peanut butter shake is another one of the tastiest, most healthy drinks you can possibly enjoy after a workout.
- Begin by placing a cup of plain Greek yogurt in a blender, which is a great source of protein that adds a creamy, thick texture.
- Add a heaping handful of spinach to secretly consume a serving of veggies in this sweet treat.
- Add in the slices of one banana, which are an excellent source of potassium and vitamin B6 and promote proper digestion.
- Add two tablespoons of peanut butter, which is a protein and vitamin B rich addition to this shake that pairs well with bananas.
- Add a scoop of whey protein powder and a tablespoon of flax meal to complete the creation of another fibrous sweet shake that's healthy and filling. Optional garnishes include topping this shake off with some peanuts for a crunchy texture and an extra dose of folate and manganese or a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Clearly, enjoying a healthy and delicious post workout shake can be easily accomplished. Simply beginning with a Greek yogurt or coconut or almond milk base and incorporating a plethora of fruits, veggies, and whey protein powder can successfully complete creating a nutritious and protein-rich shake.