Greek Couscous Salad: Creating a Salad Superpower
According to experts, combining specific ingredients will enhance the natural benefits of certain foods. For example, combining olives and tomatoes will provide a more comprehensive range of cancer-fighting antioxidants than if such ingredients were served individually.
This Greek Couscous Salad is one of the most convenient salads to prepare for runners, and the combination of olives, tomatoes and red bell peppers gives a tasty, nutritious salad that's chock-full of antioxidants, keeping you healthy and strong!
- 1 serving of prepared couscous
- 1 section of roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 handful of cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ of a plum tomato, diced
- 20 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup prepared chickpeas, rinsed (and drained if from a can)
- 3 marinated artichoke hearts (drained if from a can)
- 2 tablespoons black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of a Italian or balsamic vinaigrette
- A pinch of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cooked chicken breast, diced with skin removed
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Place in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours to allow the flavours to integrate properly. Consume straight away.