Yummy DIY No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
If you just had a busy day in the office and don’t have time to squeeze in a full meal, having a snack bar is a quick way to get some energy before your run.
But it is pretty hard to find a tasty energy bar that does not contain artificial preservatives. Try this recipe for your very own DIY, no-bake chocolate oat bars!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups cereal
- 1 cup of each of your favorite nuts, dried cranberries, dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups brown rice syrup, or maple syrup
- 1½ cups natural unsweetened peanut butter (Unsweetened peanut butter do not contain hydrogenated oils as stabilizers, so you will see peanut oil at the top of the jar. Stir before use.)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat the maple syrup and the peanut butter on medium heat till smooth
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, mix in the peanut butter mixture. Mix well.
- Smooth out into a large square pan.
- Let cool, then slice into squares 2x2 inches each.
After cooling to room temperature, they can be kept in the fridge for even longer. If you have an oven, try the Banana-Nut Energy Bar for Runners!