New Balance 860v2: Stability Centric
We’re sure there are some of you runners out there who’ve been envious of those who can simply slip into any shoe without any qualms about the right “fit”. If you’re a moderate pronator or overpronator, you’d probably know what we’re talking about. Good news! It’s time to turn the tables on the ‘neutral’ lot and feel special with the 860v2 by New Balance.
Maintaining all that worked well on the previous 860, the shoe’s engineers and designers have made intricate tweaks such as bringing more medial ground contact through the use of rubber surfaces that enable its Stability Web to be slightly smaller. For what it’s worth, this new stability trainer recently bagged the prestigious Runner’s World Editor’s Choice award.
- Flex groove placement/overall forefoot template/medial post – Controls rate of pronation
- Lateral heel crash pad – For safe impact at landing and a smooth ease into midstance
- N-ergy cushioning & ABZORB® crash pad – Ensure a smooth transition and responsive ride through each step
- Mesh uppers with integrated overlays & screen applications – Offer breathability and cosmetic appeal
- Pliable synthetics & beautifully designed mono-mesh saddle – Holds runner’s foot securely in a visually compelling manner
- Asymmetry in forefoot material – Accommodates bunyan windows
- Super thin yet sturdy synthetic with stretch on medial side – Offers additional foot freedom
The New Balance 860v2 (Men & Women) is available at New Balance Concept Stores and selected authorised retailers.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.