Run, Train and Shine with Nike New Metallic Sheen Sportswear Range and the EXP-X14 Sneaker
Both of the products contain the brand's emphasis on functionality and modern design.
This July, Nike has released their Metallic Sheen sportswear range as well as its latest sneaker, the EXP-X14. Both of the launches embody the brand's emphasis on functionality and modern design. The Metallic Sheen range uses a stunning liquid-like matte shine fabric to create outfits with subtle design details to both flatter fit and facilitate distraction free fitness.
The key items in this women's wear collection include the Nike Epic Lux Athena running tights, one of the lightest running tights Nike has ever engineered, and the Nike Pro HyperCool Long-Sleeve Top which is made from sweat-wicking fabrics and has targeted ventilation areas.
About Metallic Sheen sportswear
The Metallic Sheen range uses a stunning fabric that gives off a liquid-like matte shine look along with asymmetry, curved lines and colour block design details to provide a modern aesthetic mix to Nike Running, Training, and Sportswear apparel.
With wrap details, cinching, and smart seaming both flatter fit and facilitate distraction-free fitness. For soft, oversize fleece pieces, they create a delicious layering opportunity.
The Nike Sportswear EXP-X14 both remembers Nike’s history and pushes the boundaries of lifestyle footwear through the use of numbers and transparent design elements.
The name and numbers
- EXP is shorthand for “experiment,” which was essentially how the Nike Sportswear designers adapted performance running features into a lifestyle shoe
- The second part of the shoe’s name, X14, was the original internal codename for Nike React technology (which is used in the shoe’s midsole to provide cushion for all-day comfort)
- N3546, which is printed on the medial side, represents Steve Prefontaine’s fastest mile (3 minutes and 54.6 seconds) and nods to Nike’s rich history in running
- With its translucent upper, this shoe is a modern take on the Nike Zoom Drive (a late-90s running shoe)
- The exposed TPU plate that cuts across the midsole and tapered heel emulate the Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% shoes worn by Breaking2 athletes
The Nike Sportswear EXP-X14 will be available beginning June 28 via SNEAKRS in Europe. From July 5, the shoe will be available from the Nike SNKRS app in North America, Greater China on nike.com and at selected retailers.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.