Could You be a Warrior in the War of Mud?
You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.
As a kid, have you ever imagined going to the war as a warrior, especially after watching movies like Red Cliff? You were most probably a brave kid if you love difficult challenges. Even though you are a grown-up adult now, do you know that you still can chase your childhood dreams of solving war challenges and tackling physical obstacles?
The best part is, you will get to fight 6 elements in this war called Mud Warrior: fire, water, mud, rock, metal and wood. Before you get too excited with Mud Warrior, let’s dive in and see if you have what it takes to be a warrior in the war of mud.
Do you have what it takes to be a warrior?
The first and foremost thing every warrior should have is courage. Even if you have the bravery to fight the enemies with loaded guns, ask yourself, will you have the courage to keep fighting despite knowing your enemies are equipped with cannons? The same thing applies to Mud Warrior. Even if you train hard every day, will you have the courage to keep doing your best despite your acute fear of heights or muds?
You will get hurt, many times, in the Mud Warrior. You will probably scratch yourself when you crawl under the barbed wire, get bruises when you try to climb those walls or twist your ankle as you race through uneven grounds. Do these scare the hell out of you? If your answer is no, you are a true warrior! And you’re more than ready to take on the Mud Warrior!
What weapons do you have and need?
Warriors require not only solid physical strength but also survival skills, good strategy and a sound mind. Have you got all the items on the following checklist?
- Commitment to put in hundreds of training hours.
- Strong upper body strength to tackle monkey bar, rope climb and rope traverse.
- Strong arms to carry the huge log and sack of rice
- Compress all types of fear, including fear of height, mud, blood, embarrassment, failure.
- Ability to stay focused on the challenges despite fatigue.
- Strategy to climb the impossible warped wall.
- Social skill to get people to help you through the difficult obstacles.
- Shoes that can withstand mud.
- Drive to move on even if your friends decide to back out leave you are alone in the war.
- A strong desire not to give up until you reach victory, regardless of how beaten up you are during the war.
If you don’t have all of these yet, it’s time to get moving and acquire these skills before you head to the war.
Which war should you go to?
In the war, you usually don’t have the luxury to choose which war you go to. But in Mud Warrior, you are free to choose any of the three events based on your personal preference and availability. These events start at 6:30 a.m. local time. You can even participate in all three events if you want to earn a spot in the 2019 Obstacle Course Racing Asian Championships.
The three events in the Mud Warrior 2018 Series are:
- Mud Warrior Bandung (Sat, 31 March 2018)
- Mud Warrior Bali (Sun, 15 July 2018)
- Mud Warrior Semarang (Sun, 30 September 2018)
After you decide on which Mud Warrior you are going for, now it’s time to decide on the categories:
- Warrior Runner 5K (US$39.99 or IDR 399,000) – A non-competitive obstacle race for warriors who are not goal chasers and place more emphasis on fun than race record. It has 15+ obstacles.
- Elite Runner 5K (US$49.99 or IDR 499,000) – Similar to Warrior Runner 5K, this category challenges warriors with 15+ obstacles. But the top three men and women will be entitled to trophy and prizes.
- Elite Runner 10K (US$59.99 or IDR 599,000) – A competitive obstacle race of 25+ obstacles for Mud Warrior Bandung and Semarang only.
- Elite Runner 15K (US$69.99 or IDR 699,000) – This longest course challenges warriors with 30+ obstacles and is only available in Mud Warrior Bali.
- Asian Syndicate 30K (US150 or IDR 1,500,000) – Taste all the different categories (5K, 10K and 15K) in all the three different Mud Warriors event (Bandung, Bali, Semarang) and challenge yourself to be one of the top 5 finishers and earn a spot in 2019 OCR Asian Championships in Malaysia.
You’ll always remember this experience because everyone is entitled to finisher’s medal and shirt after completing this race. Keep those momentos for you need them when you tell war stories to your grandkids.
Since you’re a true warrior, we believe you can make the right decision when choosing the events and categories. But, if you need opinions, we’d say go for the Asian Syndicate category for a completely life-changing experience!
Show the world what you’re made of by registering for Mud Warrior on Spacebib.
PS: Spacebib is having a CNY Promotion for Mud Warrior Series from now until 28 February 2018. Get 25% off with this promo code.