Income Eco Run 2018 Race Results: 2,000 Zero Waste Runners Gave Up Their Finisher Tees and/or Race Medals
Zero Waste runners increased over 30% compared to 2017 at Southeast Asia’s Premier Eco Race.
The F1 Pit Building was buzzing with excitement on Sunday morning, 29 April 2018 as some 9,000 participants laced up their running shoes for the Income Eco Run 2018. The runners, who were competing in various distances – 21.1km Half Marathon, 10km, 5km Fun Run and Kids Dash (1.2km and 800m) – were all running towards one collective goal: A more sustainable future, with many bearing their own refillable water bottles.
Elite runners, Geoffrey Birgen and Margaret Njuguna from Kenya won the 21.km Half Marathon (Open) for the male and female categories with a time of 1:07:22 and 1:26:20 respectively. Local runners Melvin Wong and Rachel See emerged tops for the 21.1km Half Marathon (Local Champion).
Income Eco Run 2018 Top Winners
Half marathon – Male
- Geoffrey Birgen, Kenya, 1:07:22
- Benson Oloisunga, Kenya, 1:08:43
- John Muiruri Mburu, Kenya, 1:12:21
- Melvin Wong, Singapore, 1:17:15 (Local Champion)
- Prashan D. Silva M P, Singapore, 1:20:06
Half marathon – Female
- Margaret Njuguna, Kenya, 1:26:20
- Rachel See, Singapore, 1:28:04 (Local Champion)
- Rie Sugaya, Japan, 1:29:00
- Xiuying Hu, Singapore, 1:30:30
- Julie Beatty, America, 1:32:11
10km – Male
- Kipchirchir Lel, (no indication of nationality), 00:31:21
- Joseph Muangi Ngaze, (no indication of nationality), 00:32:55
- Willy Kipkemoi Rotich, Kenya, 00:33:01
Local champion – Marcus Reed, Singapore, 00:35:10
10km – Female
- Vanja Cnops, Belgium, 00:38:10
- Maire Eilis Nic Amhlaoibh, Wales, 00:41:27
- Bronwyn Small, South Africa, 00:42:14
Local champion – Jie Shi Neo, Singapore, 00:43:59
10km Mixed Team
- Singapore Shufflers, total time 2:29:13
- Shufflers W, total time 2:52:21
- Donno Leh, total time 2:58:03
Income Eco Run 2018 Race Results
The race results for the Income Eco Run 2018 are available below. Click on the button to view your results.