Race Prelude: 2XU Compression Run 2012
We’ve heard raving reviews about the 2XU Compression Run. And if you’re a fellow runner who’s been a loyal participant, you’d probably agree. Besides the impeccable standards we can all expect, the “cause” element has been introduced this year. Held in conjunction with the Singapore Cancer Society, the run will see itself step up as part of the Daffodil Days movement to raise funds and give hope to cancer patients and their caregivers.
There will be two different routes, as most of you would already know: 15 kilometres and 10 kilometres. Both will START at Nicoll Highway (adjacent to Nicoll Highway MRT Station) with combined (15km & 10km) competitive waves flagging off at 7am and 7.15am. Let’s put it this way. If you’re out to compete for the cash ($800, $500 & $300), make sure you’re there at 6.50am. Rule of thumb: 10 minutes before.
As seen below, runners who take on the 15-kilometre route will get to enjoy the sights of scenic landmarks that stretch from the Singapore Indoor Stadium to Kallang Riverside Park, all the way to the F1 Building and Singapore Flyer, before hitting the FINISH.
10-kilometre participants will follow a somewhat similar route, less the F1 Building and Singapore Flyer.
If you drive, you are encouraged to park at The Furniture Mall, The Plaza, Golden Mile Tower and Keypoint. But if you ask us, the train’s still the preferred mode of transport. Alight at Nicoll Highway Station (Circle Line, CC5) and take a 2-minute walk to Nicoll Highway from Exit A. Fret not, there’ll be directional signs to guide you along.
- All results and rankings will be based on Gun Time. Net Time will be provided to runners in the 2XU Compression Run website
- There will be a baggage deposit service available beside the START point; you will be given a serialised tag which you can use to collect your bag post-race
- Carry only minimum essentials during the race – it’s a “race” after all
- It’s imperative that you collect your barang barang (personal belongings) by 11am
- Pin your race bibs at your stomach area
- Before the race, keep a four-metre distance from the START gantry to ensure your Net Time is captured
Come hydrated and adequately fed. Should you feel unwell, do yourself and the organisers a favour; sit this one out and live to race another day. We’ll see you at the START!