Shoe Review: K-Swiss K-Ruuz 1.5
This is the perfect shoe for fast and short races and also speed or interval trainings. Finished 10K Standard Chartered Race in it without any pain and most importantly, the superb ventilation in the shoe allowed my socks to remain dry at all times, preventing any blisters. The shoe is flexible, and allows forefoot or mid-foot strike-off easily. The loop tabs allow fast and easy transition during triathlons. Highly recommend not running in trails or muddy and wet terrains with this shoe as the drainage system might backfire as water can easy seep into the shoe via the holes at the bottom.
The ion-mask technology worked wonders as water and mud didn't stain the shoe but remained on the surface of the shoe. However, the difference in shoe sizing is one important point to note. Highly advise to try on the shoe before purchasing it. The wide toe box is also another thing to watch out for as even my wide feet had room to wiggle around in the shoe during my runs. The shoe lace material was also another problem as the lace comes loose easily whenever I tied a single knot.
In general, I have only good experiences with this pair of amazingly lightweight shoe, and I would highly recommend it for any runners out there seeking for a good pair of racers.
- Very lightweight, without compromising on cushioning for a comfortable run
- Air mesh system allows full breathability and ventilation
- ion-mask technology indeed repels water and keeps foot dry
- Loop tabs at the tongue and rear allows quick access into shoe
- Reduce the toe-box area as it’s quite wide
- Improve shoe lace material to ensure better fastening, similar to the K-Swiss Kwicky Blade-Light lace system
- Correct the sizing chart as you have to go down ½ size smaller than usual to get the right fit
- Weight – 185g (US 9)
- Upper – Seamfree™ upper technology and ion-mask™ by P2i water resistant nano-tech: keeps the shoe comfortable and light
- Open air mesh upper – Full breathability
- Midsole – Low profile K-EVA™ midsole midfoot support shank; Superfoam® footbed for long lasting comfort and cushioning
- Outsole – Duraplush rubber outsole
- Drainage ports – Drains excess fluid from the sole and keeps the shoe light
- Heel-to-forefoot drop – 16.5mm to 6.5mm (10mm variance)
Where to find them?
The K-Swiss K-Ruuz 1.5 (Men) will be available at the K-Swiss store (Marina Square #03-140) and all Running Lab outlets from 13 January 2012.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.