Downward Facing Dog Pose Relieves A Long, Stressful Day
The Downward Facing Dog Pose helps the brain relieve daily stress, relieves depression, and improves the flexibility of the hips, knees and ankles. This is an excellent pose to engage in prior to going to bed after a long, stressful day.
- Place your palms on the floor in front of you.
- Step back one leg at a time so the feet is horizontally aligned with your hands.
- Next, spread your fingers and keep your palms pressed down.
- Stretch your arms forward while keeping elbows straight, move the thighs up and backwards.
- Finally, lower your heels to the floor with the feet pointed straight, and relax your head and the back of the neck.
This pose should be held for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Focus on keeping the legs as firm as possible and the elbows straight.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.