Downward Facing Dog Pose Relieves A Long, Stressful Day
The Downward Facing Dog Pose helps the brain relieve daily stress, relieves depression, and improves the flexibility of the hips, knees and ankles. This is an excellent pose to engage in prior to going to bed after a long, stressful day.
- Place your palms on the floor in front of you.
- Step back one leg at a time so the feet is horizontally aligned with your hands.
- Next, spread your fingers and keep your palms pressed down.
- Stretch your arms forward while keeping elbows straight, move the thighs up and backwards.
- Finally, lower your heels to the floor with the feet pointed straight, and relax your head and the back of the neck.
This pose should be held for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Focus on keeping the legs as firm as possible and the elbows straight.