Hamstring and Gluteal Stretch Helps Improve Your Running Form
This stretch will help loosen your upper hamstrings, along with your gluteal muscles (buttocks).
- Lie on your back. Bend your right knee towards your chest.
- Once your right knee is at your chest, put your arms around your right shin and bring it as close to your body as you are able to.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds, and let go and bring your right leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the other leg.
- Continue for 1-3 reps on each leg.
Tight hamstrings can affect your pelvis, which in turn can cause poor running posture. Stretch your hamstrings and glutes for better running form!