Hamstring and Gluteal Stretch Helps Improve Your Running Form
This stretch will help loosen your upper hamstrings, along with your gluteal muscles (buttocks).
- Lie on your back. Bend your right knee towards your chest.
- Once your right knee is at your chest, put your arms around your right shin and bring it as close to your body as you are able to.
- Hold for 10-15 seconds, and let go and bring your right leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the other leg.
- Continue for 1-3 reps on each leg.
Tight hamstrings can affect your pelvis, which in turn can cause poor running posture. Stretch your hamstrings and glutes for better running form!
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.