Tight hamstrings are a common complaint for lots of runners. Here’s a great warmup exercise to stretch your hamstrings before a run!
- Lie down on the ground on your back.
- Bend one of your knees so that your foot touches the floor.
- Lift your other leg up straight up in the air.
- Loop a towel around the arch of the lifted foot, then gently pull on the towel while your foot pushes the towel up gently.
- Make sure to push to the point where your muscles contract.
- Repeat the same process with your other leg. Hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Repeat for 1 to 3 times for each leg.
Doing a stretch exercise like this loosens your hamstrings, lessening the chances of cramps or injury.