Hamstring Stretch Exercise Limbers You Up Before a Run!
Tight hamstrings are a common complaint for lots of runners. Here's a great warmup exercise to stretch your hamstrings before a run!
- Lie down on the ground on your back.
- Bend one of your knees so that your foot touches the floor.
- Lift your other leg up straight up in the air.
- Loop a towel around the arch of the lifted foot, then gently pull on the towel while your foot pushes the towel up gently.
- Make sure to push to the point where your muscles contract.
- Repeat the same process with your other leg. Hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Repeat for 1 to 3 times for each leg.
Doing a stretch exercise like this loosens your hamstrings, lessening the chances of cramps or injury.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.