The Best Yoga Pose for Rest and Relaxation
There are numerous yoga poses that are common to most classes. Some are strenuous poses to create flexibility within the body while others calm and relax the body to relieve daily stresses.
The Savasana Pose is one of the most relaxing sequences in yoga for runners. Also called the Corpse Pose, it is an important pose that when done correctly, deeply relaxes the whole body and soothes the nervous system. Also, it helps to lower blood pressure, reduces headaches as well as fatigue.
- To achieve the pose, first sit on the floor with the knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Lean back on your forearms and slowly extend the right leg, then left pushing out through your heels.
- Release both legs and drop your feet to the side. Then, lie back with your head situated on the back-center of the skull.
- Release arms to the sides and turn them outward with the back of your hands on the floor.
- Finally, let your eyes sink to the back of your head and hold for 5 to 10 minutes.
While in the Savasana Pose, focus on slow and deep breathing, loosening tensions, and let yourself be engulfed by a sense of calm relaxation.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.