The Heel to Glute Stretch Improves Your Balance and Flexibility
This stretch helps to improve the dynamic flexibility of your quadriceps and hip flexors. It is a great warmup exercise before your run.
- Squat slightly on your left leg.
- Use your left hand to take hold of your right foot, in order to lift up it and your right leg gently towards your glutes. Raise your right arm overhead for balance.
- Straighten your leg, and hold for 10-20 seconds. Take care not to arch your back.
- Repeat this process for the opposite side.
- Repeat 1 to 2 reps for each side.
If you find trouble balancing, try to use your free arm to brace against a wall for better balance!
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.