Where to Buy Cheap Running Shoes and Sports Shoes in Singapore 2021
A pair of running shoes and a dream can take you anywhere.
All running shoes and sports shoes come with different features and price tags. While it is important to choose the right running shoes, it's equally important to get the one that's right for your budget. Afterall, you don't want to end up being a starving runner.
Running shoes in Singapore is not cheap.
Latest sports shoes from well-known brands tend to cost more than shoes from past seasons or lesser-known brands. If you're looking for a pair of cheap running shoes, certain compromises may be required.
If you're a newbie to running who isn't ready to invest in the latest running shoes, or you're just on a tight budget this month but you desperately need a new pair of running shoes because your old sports shoes are begging to be retired due to extensive usage, fret not.
We are here to help you decide which best cheap running shoes are available and how to find your cheap running shoes or sports shoes. But let's understand more about when should you change to a new pair of running shoes in the first place.
Why Replace Running Shoes At All?
A good pair of running shoes can prevent and protect you from injury. Running in shoes that have been compromised in the components and structure they were designed with may affect your running performance and put you in a higher risk of injuring yourself.
How Long Do Running Shoes Last?
Like car tire, running shoes don't last forever. Your tire manufacturers recommend replacing your tires at around 100,000km. But unfortunately, your running shoes won't last that mileage before the need to be replaced.
How long running shoes should last vary. If you record the distances that you have run in each pair of running shoes, you should be replacing a high-quality pair of running shoes between 500km to 800km.
How Often Should I Replace My Running Shoes?
If you run more than 30km each week consistently, you may need to get a new pair of running shoes in every four to six months.
For race-day shoes, the number will be lower as they are designed to be faster and lightweight.
Although running shoe brands would love you to change your running shoes more often, they generally recommend the intervals, especially when the integrity of the shoes start to deteriorate, even though the signs are not visible.
Type of Running Shoes
There are different type of running shoes that fit your running needs, terrains and situations.
- Road running: Road running shoes is the most common and popular type of running shoes as they help you to run comfortably on the hard pavement. They are usually packed with thick cushion and soft midsoles with rubber outsoles grip the ground.
- Trail running: Trail running shoes handle your off-roading running like a monster truck. The trail running shoes are often very durable and designed with burly lugs for extra protection and maximum traction to shield your feet from the harsh terrain and danger.
- Cross country running: Cross country running shoes are like track spikes for the trail but with lighter construction. These shoes come with or without spikes. Cross country running shoes have added traction and protection to help you triumph through muddy terrain and wet grass.
- Racing: The race day shoes are typically lighter and faster than your trainers, but they are not meant to withstand as many kilometers as your everyday shoes.
- Track running: Track running shoes are usually light and sleek in design. Most track running shoes can be attached with spikes which help dig into the track for more traction. Track running shoes are not recommended for regular wear.
When to Replace Your Running Shoes?
Most of the time, you can tell just by examining your running shoes or sports shoes. Sometimes, worn out running shoes might not be so obvious. If your seasoned running shoes aren't showing any visible signs, you can listen to your body for clues as every runner has different weight and foot strike.
There are some indicators that your running shoes are ready to be replaced:
- On the sole: Your running shoes will feel flat and you can see that the tread on the sole is flat and a change in the base-sole-shape of the shoe. As you run, you will feel that the shoes lose some of its ability to rebound and absorb impact.
- The upper: If you chose a wrong size for your foot, the sizes of your shoes may wear through faster than the sole.
- Persisting aches and pains: If you feel little pains during and even after a normal run, it might be the effect of a worn out shoe.
- Internal shoe injury: If your upper of the running shoes looks new, and the thread is still intact, your shoe might be damaged internally. You can tell by the springiness of the sole when you poke and squeeze the sole. If it's solid when it was once springy, you may need a replacement.
- Uneven wear: If you discovered that your worn soles are uneven, it could mean that you might need a different types of running shoes to better support your feet. Bring your old shoes along when you get fitted for a new suitable pair.
How to Extend the Life of Running Shoes and Sports Shoes?
Although you can get cheap running shoes in the market, the best thing is still to try and prolong the lifespan of your current running shoes.
We have some great things that you can do to prolong the life of your running shoes.
- Get at least two pairs of shoes and rotates them. By rotating multiple pairs of quality running shoes, you can distribute the stress you put them through hence making all of them last longer.
- Dry them after use under the sun. Running shoes can get wet from the inside and out and the moisture can weaken the material of the shoes over time. Drying your running shoes after use can make them last longer and when drying under the sun can keep odor away.
- Run on the correct surface. Using the appropriate running shoes for the right terrain is important. Your road running shoes won't be able to withstand the abuses of the trail, and your trail running shoes will get worn down more faster on hard and rough concrete.
- Untie the shoe laces before wearing and removing. Forcing your foot into a pair of running shoes damages the structure of the shoe unless if your running shoes have speed laces. Be seated and untie the laces when you are wearing or removing your running shoes to prevent damaging the shoe's heel.
- Wear quality sock. Ensure that you are wearing proper quality socks to match the shoes.
- Clean your running shoes. Dirt can be abrasive to the shoe's upper causing it to wear out early. Wash your running shoes and remember to hang it out for drying.
Cheap Running Shoes vs Expensive Running Shoes
You can get a pair of cheap running shoes in Singapore for as low as below S$50 and for a pair of high-end running shoes, the price could be upwards of S$200. So what's the difference between a pair of cheap and expensive running shoes?
There are several considerations when buying a pair of running shoes. If you're a recreational runner who run not more than 5km per week, a less expensive pair of running shoes likely won't be a huge problem for you.
Expensive running shoes usually come with higher-tech cushioning, stability and other features that cheaper running shoes don't generally have but this doesn't almost guaranteed that expensive running shoes will perform better or is more comfortable for a runner.
Another reason on why branded running shoes are more expensive is that you are actually paying for its advertising too.
If you record the distances that you have run in each pair of running shoes, you should be replacing a high-quality pair of running shoes between 500km to 800km.
Where to Find Cheap Running Shoes in Singapore
If you are searching for where to buy affordable running shoes in Singapore, take a look at the following list where you can get low cost running shoes at the following locations. These sports shoes are sold at a fraction of their retail prices and often have sale promotions. Most of the locations are factory outlet.
ASICS Factory Outlet
These factory outlets carry past season sports shoes, apparels and accessories such as backpacks and gym bags with discounts up to 40 percent off.
Location: Changi City Point #02-20 (11:00 to 21:00), IMM #02-12 (10:00 to 22:00).
Recommended ASICS cheap running shoes: ASICS Gel Venture 5, ASICS Gel Contend 4.
Nike Factory Store
Nike Factory Stores offer a wide selection of sportswear and equipment for every activity up to 70% off retail prices. Nike occasionally will have Nike Singapore sale on their products too.
Location: Changi City Point #02-31/32/33/34 (11:00 to 22:00), IMM #02-50 (10:00 to 22:00), West Coast Plaza #B1-33 (10:00 to 22:00).
Recommended Nike cheap running shoes: Nike Free Run, Nike Renew Arena
Under Armour Outlet
At Under Armour Outlet, you can enjoy up to 70% discount all year round on running shoes, compression wear, sports and activewear and other UA products.
Location: IMM #02-03/04 (10:00 to 22:00)
Recommended Under Armour cheap running shoes: Under Armour Assert
adidas Factory Outlet Store
The adidas factory outlet offers a wide range of discounted items across all Sports Performance and Sports Style categories from past seasons. Do look out for occasion adidas singapore sale for even more savings.
Location: Velocity Novena #02-30/32 (11:00 to 21:30), IMM #01-123 (11:00 to 21:30), Chinatown Point #B1-25 (11:00 to 21:30), Changi City Point #01-04/05 (11:00 to 22:00).
Recommended adidas cheap running shoes: Adidas Cloudfoam
Get past season and even current season Puma products, including sports shoes for running and other sports, sports apparels as well as accessories with discounts up to 70 percent.
Location: Changi City Point #01-02/03 (10:00 to 22:00), IMM #01-22 (10:00 to 22:00).
New Balance Outlet
New Balance fans can shop for sports gears and apparels, as well as lifestyle products from 40% to 70% discounts.
Location: Alexandra Retail Centre #01-06 (11:00 to 20:30 on weekends and 21:00 on weekdays), Changi City Point #02-21/22/23 (11:00 to 21:30), IMM #01-02 (11:00 to 21:30), West Coast Plaza #B1-28/29/30/31 (11:00 to 21:30).
Recommended New Balance cheap running shoes: New Balance Fresh Foam Zante v3, New Balance 680V6
Royal Sporting House Outlet
Browse through past season sports footwears and apparels from various brands, such as
Reebok, Nike, Adidas, Saucony, ASICS, Puma, Speedo and many more, at a fraction of the retail price.
Location: Changi City Point #02-38/39 (11am to 9.30pm weekdays and 10.30am to 10pm weekends), IMM #01-72/73 (10:00 to 22:00).
Recommended Reebok cheap running shoes: Reebok Speed Breeze, Reebok Fusium Lite, Rebook Everforce Reeze
Recommended Saucony cheap running shoes: Saucony Cohesion 11, Saucony Flare
Queenstown Shopping Centre
If you’re not particular about specific shoe model or labels, you just want to get an affordable pair of running shoes, head to Queenstown Shopping Centre. You will find many shops that sell sports shoes, gears and apparels from various labels at affordable prices, sometimes up to 60% off.
Location: 1 Queensway Singapore 149053
At Decathlon, it is not impossible to find a pair of running shoes that cost merely S$15. After visiting one of their three huge stores, it’s very likely that you fall in love with Decathlon.
Location: 750A Chai Chee Road #01-01 (9:00 to 22:00), City Square Mall #02-03 (10:00 to 22:00), 1 Joo Koon Circle #02-21 (9:00 to 22:00).
Once in a while, sports stores need to clear old stocks in order to make space for new stocks. That's when warehouse sales come. Check Key Power Sports and running lab websites and stores regularly in order not to miss their sales!
Location of Key Power Sports: Velocity @ Novena Square #02-48 (11:00-21:00), Marina Square #03-137 (11:00-21:00)
Location of running lab: Velocity @ Novena Square #01-47 (11:00-21:00), Marina Square #02-26 (11:00-21:00), Tampines Mall #02-16B/16C (11:00-21:00)
In today’s hectic world, people with time-constraints often search for bargains from the cyberspace. Cheap running shoes are occasionally offered during promotions and sales at online shopping portals such as Lazada, Qoo10, Zalora, Taobao, Zappos, Amazon, RacePhase and even Carousell.
Most of the shoes brands now also have their direct e-Commerce store available with frequent discounts and promotion. Buying a pair of cheap running shoes or sports shoes in Singapore is so convenient and easy.
Recommended Mizuno cheap running shoes: Mizuno Wave Sonic 2
You will need patience, knowledge and sometime a little luck for the perfect opportunity to get your best shoes bargain. This usually happens at the festive sales event or if you don't mind discontinued running shoes models, sports warehouse clearance sales are also a good place to look for affordable sports shoes.
Where do you usually purchase good cheap running shoes? Do you usually buy the latest running shoes or those from past seasons?
Singapore Cheap Running Shoes
What is the best cheap running shoes?
1. 10 Best Cheap Running Shoes 2. ASICS Gel Venture 5 3. ASICS Gel Contend 4. 4. Nike Free Run 5. Under Armour Assert 6. Adidas Cloudfoam 7. New Balance Fresh Foam Zante v3 8. Reebok Speed Breeze 9. Saucony Cohesion 11 10 .Mizuno Wave Sonic 2
Are expensive running shoes better?
Based on market reviews, expensive running shoes does not guarantee a better satisfaction from the runners. In fact, inexpensive running shoes are better rated than expensive running shoes.
Does shoes matter when running?
A pair of good running shoes does matter and a runner should consider comfort and cushioning as the priority. A shoe should fit well and feel good on the foot while you are running and provide comfortable support.
How much does a good pair of running shoes cost?
The average cost of a pair of good running shoes is currently about $100 to $120. The most frequently occurring price are about $130.