Set Your Standards! Define Your Run This Year!
What kind of running standards do you have? How do you define those standards? Participate in the upcoming Define Your Run 2018 and find out!
"Hey! I can run 5km constantly without stopping!"
"So? I can run 6km constantly without stopping! That's more that you!"
"Prove it! Let's define ourselves during this upcoming DYR 2018 and see who turn their tails to the finishing line first!"
What's the DYR 2018? I'm glad you asked... because mark your calendars! The first ever Define Your Run 2018 (DYR) is here!
Define Your Run 2018 is a running event that allows all sorts of runners to decide which path to embark on instead of regular structured races. During the run, there will be multiple race paths opened for the runners to choose from in which, ultimately the main objective is to define their own personal distance achievement.
Date: 24th November 2018 (Saturday)
Venue: Garden By The Bay East (21 Rhu Cross, 437440)
Time: 6:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
How does the run work?
Running along the bustling city of Singapore is such a bliss. You are able to not only admire the beautiful city skyline, but also run through famous landmarks that define Singapore. There will be 3 turning points on the route in which you can choose to turn back to site or continue on.
Here are the different routes highlighted with different colours:
- (Red) If you turn on the first turn, it will be approximately 3.75km.
- (Yellow) If you turn on the 2nd turn, it will be approximately 7.5km.
- (Green) If you turn on the 3rd turn, it will be approximately 10.5km.
- (Blue) If you do not turn and follow the whole route, it will be approximately 13.5km.
Do not be afraid of running out of bound! There will be route directional signs and volunteers on site to assist you just in case anything goes wrong. However, there won’t be any KM markers as different runners will be taking up a different route. Hence, making them inaccurate.
Why should you participate?
Why would you not? This event is a great opportunity to see where is your standards in running. Additionally, this is a chance for you to brag among your friends how high your standard is. Even if your standard is not as high, you would be much more motivated in training to be better in the future.
Apart from that, who wouldn't want free stuffs? This race is born with entitlements!
Check out these awesome designs:
Free Shirt! Free Race Pack with Awesome Sponsored Goodies! Free Race Medals! If you do not want them, you must be out of your mind!
What you should take note of
Yourself? Your Friends? Indeed, what better way to run this event than with your best pals. Come on down to snag that early bird registration rate which is only available for the first 500 participants. Do not miss out this chance now!
- This event is only valid for the first 2,000 participants.
- It's your run, so you are not allowed to transfer your race entry to someone else.
- Baggage deposit will be made available to all runners. Runners are encouraged to arrive early to deposit their bags and avoid any delay as a queue is expected. While maximum care and security will be enforced, the race organiser will not be responsible for any loss or damaged items.
- Participants without the given race bib will be refused entry into the starting pen.
- Flag off time is in the morning from 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Most Importantly: Stay Safe & Have Fun!
Sounds good? You can sign up now at Spacebib and define your own run.