Kickstart Your New Year With ASICS NEW Launch
New year, new shoes. Check out ASICS's new launch today.
Kickstart the new year with ASICS new top-of-the-range and neutral long-distance running shoe, the GEL-NIMBUS 21. Designed for the neutral long-distance runners, the shoe incorporates human-centric science with the latest cushioning technology of the Flytefoam Lyte & Flytefoam Propel in which grants long-distance runners superior comfort and a spring-like feel for a more energetic and lighter run.
Over the years, ASICS collection has become synonymous with comfort, with new releases featuring new and improved technology to benefit runners. The GEL-NIMBUS 21 is no exception with incorporating a variety of new technologies as follows:
- Improved Fitting: Leg room increased in the forefoot combined with a Jacquard mesh and 3D printed overlays adapts to the movement of the runner for a premium and breathable fit.
- Energised Cushioning: Infused with Flytefoam Technology, the midsoles combines both Flytefoam Lyte and Flytefoam Propel technologies to deliver a more luxurious run.
- Flytefoam Lyte: ASICS lightest midsole with added cellulose nanofibers increasing the durability of the bouncy midsole.
- Flytefoam Propel: Providing a spring life effect that delivers a strong bounce back during deformation.
- Max Shock Absorption: GEL Technology have been strategically placed at high impact areas in both forefoot and rearfoot, ensuring superior shock absorption where runners need it most.
Directly from the Performance Running Footwear Division, Executive Officer and Senior General Manager of ASICS Corporation, Mr Norio Takaoka stated:
With GEL-NIMBUS being our flagship neutral long-distance running shoe, it was important to design a shoe that was made to help runners go further and stay competitive in comfort. We always want to raise the bar when it comes to performance running, and with GEL-NIMBUS series having more than 20 years of history, it was key to create a shoe that would help runners achieve their goals.
The updated features of the Gel Nimbus 21 are as follows:
- Flytefoam Lyte midsole (Bottom Midsole): Provides a continuous cushioning through the nanofiber design.
- Flytefoam Propel (Top Midsole): Delivers an exceptional bounce back during deformations.
- Jacquard mesh (Upper): Adapts to the movement of the runner to provide a premium fit.
- Lateral full ground contact (Construction): Provides a smoother transition when running.
- Medial Trusstic (Construction): Reduces the weight of the sole unit whilst retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Moulded EVA sockliner
Fitting in with ASICS’ ‘I MOVE ME’ platform and continuing with its powerful authentic storytelling, an official campaign video featuring marathon runner and triple Olympic Games athlete Diana Nukuri will be available on ASICS YouTube channel.
The GEL-NIMBUS 21 will only be available at the selected retail stores: ASICS Plaza Singapura, Suntec City, Vivocity, and NEX from the 21st January 2019 onwards at S$259.
In these stressful and uncertain times, getting updated with accurate and useful information has never been so critical. No matter how unsettled the future feels, RunSociety will remain with you, delivering high quality news for free so we can all make critical decisions about our lives and health. Together we can overcome.
What we can do to help the situation is to keep our body and immune system in peak condition. If you are allowed or able to run outdoors, please do so cautiously but not panicky. Join our free online race to motivate you and pay tribute to our frontline heroes.