Mizuno Wave Rider 19 Osaka Limited Edition: Channel the spirit of Osaka
What's the common point of one of the world's most popular marathons, the Osaka marathon and a pair of running shoes? Yes, we all know we need a good pair of running shoe for a marathon race but Mizuno this time has taken a step further by creating a beautiful limited edition Wave Rider 19 where the sole is glittered with the 7 colours representing the charity organisations.
This year's Osaka marathon is especially meaningful because of the charity awareness element where organisers hope participants will have a better understanding of charitable activities. The 7 colors were inspired by the charity colors representing the charity theme and activities of the charitable organisation.
- Red—to support your hopes to live
- Orange—to assist your dreams
- Green—to conserve our natural environment
- Yellow—to support families
- Light blue—to provide clean water
- Navy—to brighten children's future
- Purple—to preserve the beautiful Osaka city
Besides the limited edition colourway, the Wave Rider 19, one of Mizuno's most popular shoes also received an upgrade in the feel and features. The shoes come with an improved U4ic midsole and an upgraded premium sock liner, which provides improved cushioning, comfort, and flexibility in every step.
Soft cushioning on landing
- U4icX material is new installed-at-insole board and it provides outstanding shock absorption and rebound performance. U4icX is a light revolutionary midsole that delivers a more comfortable and cushioned ride with higher rebound.
- Mizuno’s original wave shaped plate provides a perfect balance of cushioning & stability. The movement from the wave plate distributes shock and relieves pressure on your heels, providing solid stability.
Mizuno’s signature wave technology: Unparalleled stability and cushioning
The Mizuno Wave Rider 19 weight 280g and is available at all Mizuno Concepts stores and World of Sports stores for S$199.00.
The Osaka Marathon 2016 is scheduled for Sunday, 30 October, 2016.