From the family of Sanrio characters, the adorable and also Hello Kitty's best friend will debut her My Melody Run in Singapore this upcoming 12th May 2019. This will be the very first inaugural 5km fun run to be organised worldwide, which will be held in the sunny islands of Sentosa.
My Melody, also known as My Melo, is the endearing white rabbit that wears a red (or pink) hood that covers her ears, often having a bow or a flower on her right side. Hence, portraying the image of Little Red Riding Hood in her version of the classic fairy tale. She is an honest and good-natured girl who has a sweet tooth for almond pound cakes.
Fans will have the opportunity to enjoy a festive opening ceremony filled with inflatable sweets and desserts.
A spokesperson from Sanrio Hong Kong team announced:
We’ve been looking to bring My Melody Run to Southeast Asia for quite a while now. We’re fully aware of how passionate the Singaporean fans can get over Sanrio characters. This will be the first of hopefully many more years to come.
Reasons to be part of the 2019 My Melody Run
- The fun run will take place early in the morning, hence there is plenty of time to get things done.
- Runner entitlements include a My Melody Runner’s T-shirt, 6'' My Melody Plush, Race Bib, Goodie Bag and Finisher Medal!
- Great opportunities to get up close and personal with a special appearance by My Melody herself!
- It features a carnival site filled with many thrilling games and activities for everyone to enjoy.
- A life-size human claw machine and live band performances are included to fill the air with joyous tunes and invigorate the crowd.
An enthusiastic Sanrio fan, Ms Tania Bin exclaimed:
I’m so excited to be able to take part in this run. I love all Sanrio characters and it would be great to add to my own personal collection of memorabilia at home. I can’t wait to see what the organisers have in store for us after the overwhelming support for Hello Kitty Run.
Registration has started at Spacebib with earlybird rate at S$60 and normal rate at S$65.
Do not miss the chance to snap Insta-worthy moments as the routes will be sprinkled with sweets themed checkpoints! What are you waiting for? Quickly, register your place with Spacebib today! Enjoy early bird rates with limited slots available!