Designed to enhance consumers’ everyday life and help them live a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle, Samsung’s latest wearables incorporates a wide range of innovative features, from robust fitness tracking, nutrition monitoring, sleep tracking to motivational coaching. The new line-up of wearables is also supported by partnerships with leading names in tech and fitness.
The Gear Sport is a sleek and versatile fitness-focused smartwatch that can be used to make mobile payments via Samsung Pay; the Gear Fit2 Pro smartwatch is an enhanced sports band integrated with built-in GPS tracking and various smart features; lastly, the Gear IconX is the second generation of Samsung’s groundbreaking cord-free earbuds.
Features of Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro
The Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro features new capabilities that demonstrate Samsung’s continuing expansion in the fitness wearable category.
- Industry-Leading Water Resistance and Swim Tracking. The Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro are both 5 ATM certified for water resistance (up to 50 meters), so you can wear them under the rain, in the shower, swimming in a pool or ocean, but not scuba diving, waterskiing, or other high-velocity water activities. With Speedo On training app, you can easily track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, setting swim times and distance targets, and more.
- Top-of-the-line Heart Rate Monitoring: With improved accuracy, both devices offer advanced real-time and continuous heart rate monitoring.
- Premium Partnerships: The Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro comes complemented with Under Armour and Spotify partnerships. Users can access Under Armour’s fitness apps, including Under Armour RecordTM, MyFitness Pal, MapMyRun and Endomondo, to obtain a holistic overview of their health and fitness, through the apps’ activity, nutrition, sleep and fitness tracking functions. In Spotify’s Offline mode, users can listen to their favourite music offline or even without their smartphone.
- Auto Activity Detection: Both devices feature built-in automatic activity detection that can recognise users’ activities, including walking, running, cycling and even dancing and playing basketball.
- Personalized Motivation: Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro users can customise their own wellness plan with tailored goals and alerts.
Gear Sport: Smartwatch for an Active and Balanced Lifestyle
The Gear Sport is a stylish yet practical smartwatch with a minimalistic, circular bezel, and a 1.2-inch SUPER AMOLED display. Its improved user interface makes it easy for users to view information on-the-go. Users of Gear Sport can receive nutrition management alerts and activity recommendations even when they are offline.
Designed with military-level durability, the Gear Sport is MIL-STD-810G certified and can handle a wide range of user environments. Equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC), users can also use the Gear Sport to make mobile payments via Samsung Pay just by flicking their wrist, even while on a run!
Gear Sport is available in Blue and Black colour. It can be worn in various colourful and easily changeable 20mm straps, making it perfect for any occasion as users can effortlessly transition from the gym to a night out with friends.
Gear Fit2 Pro: GPS Fitness Band with Advanced Features
In addition to the new swim and heart rate monitoring capabilities, the Gear Fit2 Pro features advanced built-in GPS to track users’ activities with high accuracy. It has a SUPER AMOLED 1.5-inch curved display and a high-resolution colour touchscreen, which makes real-time updates and notifications easier to read.
Available in Black and Red, the Gear Fit2 Pro’s new secure and ergonomic band is lightweight, comfortable and stylish at the same time.
Gear IconX: Cord-free Earbuds with a Seamless Audio Experience
Gear IconX is ideal for the fitness enthusiast as it features activity tracking without the need of a phone. It’s capable of giving users updates on essential data from speed, distance and duration to heart rate and calories burnt via a voice guide. The Gear IconX also features standalone Running Coach function that can be activated by simply tapping the earbud to provide in-ear voice guide.
With up to 4GB of internal storage, users can also enjoy their music offline by transferring their music from a Samsung smartphone or PC, or accessing their favourite tunes through Bluetooth connectivity. With fast-charging capabilities and improved battery life, Gear IconX users can enjoy up to 5 hours of seamless music streaming or 7 hours of standalone music playback.
Available in Black, Gray and Pink, the updated Gear IconX cord-free earbuds features a more ergonomic and lightweight design, and is effectively more secure, comfortable and stylish.
The Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro and Gear IconX will be available from Q4 2017.