In the interest of full disclosure, the first time I heard someone say, “I just got an awesome Moov,” I thought he was talking about a cow! Sure, I feel silly years later, but you must admit that this clever little product name has the potential to trigger farm scenes.
But, could any product be as far afield from pastoral scenes than a fitness tracker that’s so space age, it has no comparison? After auditioning my Moov, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the final step before we all have a coaching chip embedded under our skin!
For the moment, I’ll wear this bracelet-like device on my skin, rather than beneath it, loving the fact that it straps to my wrist or ankle, so if I’m ever pursued across a meadow by a cow, I can count on this device to coach me out of harm’s way – and maybe even congratulate me once I’m safe.
Moov makes a little history
Talk about good genes: The original Moov, introduced in 2014, literally hit the market running. Reviewers dubbed the Moov “ground breaking,” a device that broke the “fitness tracker mould” and while feedback wasn’t all roses, shoppers were happy to ignore the bulky feel, strange look and lacklustre battery life because they loved it so.
Back to the drawing board! Designers streamlined and improved everything from silhouette to user experience over the last 24 months and I’m the beneficiary. There’s a Moov Now Double tracker on my wrist and trust me when I say I had a hard time choosing between a Stealth Black band hiding a red or aqua blue “puck” beneath the face. I went with red.
Features That Won My Heart
- First, the Moov is downright easier to use according to second generation wearers. Streamlined operation and a smaller, more efficient size qualifies in my mind as a fashion accessory as well as a running coach.
- The little puck tucked beneath that stealthy black lattice cage is crammed with futuristic stuff, including a 9-axis motion sensing system powering the accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer.
- The battery that wearers bashed endlessly is gone. In its place is a replaceable coin battery, destined to give me activity tracking and 100 hours of active coaching before it goes to battery heaven.
- The Moov looks like it’s been on a diet! It’s been so artfully streamlined, it makes me feel skinnier just wearing it on my wrist. Speaking of wrists, while I’m not a fan of watches, the new band neither distracts nor bothers me when I wear it.
How Many Benefits Does My Moov Deliver? Too Many to List Here!
Features are all well and good because they represent the technology one requires of a high-performing tracker, but it’s the benefits I get from wearing it that keep me happy:
- I love wearing this state-of-the-art fitness tracker that’s the talk of the running world. I believe it gives me the look of someone who knows her running game, which makes me happy I chose the Moov Now over competing brands.
- The personal trainer who lives inside my phone now hangs out on my wrist as well. I downloaded the app and synced the device with my Moov and voila! I access stats and a variety of workout programs that take me through every sport I care to indulge in: walking, jogging, cross-training. Who wants to toggle through multiple apps when one will do?
- Don’t laugh when I say that my “personal Moov trainer” Michelle has become an important part of my life. That’s the name I gave her. She knows me nearly as well as my BFFs and her advice is invaluable, ranging from practical to motivational. She offers tips that address pacing, stride and technique issues. I must add that she’s a nag! When I begin to slow down, she gets on my case. But Michelle also encourages me when “I’m good.”
- My Moov, I should add, has become the darling of the cardio-boxing crowd so I’m encouraged to try this workout for the first time in my life. Here’s the skinny: wear two Moov Nows (one on each wrist) you can simulate the gym experience, air-punching, jabbing, upper-cutting and hooking until — well, the cows come home. Some say I look goofy when I box. Good thing I don’t care what others say!
- You get more bang for the buck and it consistently out-performs comparable brands and models.
- The wrist band has been extended so if you hate wearing the Moov on your wrist, switch it to ankle mode.
- The enhanced, replaceable battery promises six months of duty. I’ve had relationships that didn’t last this long!
- The Moov is rugged, waterproof and designed to be worn just about everywhere you go.
- The convenience of having just one tracker for every sport under the sun won me over most of all.
- I’ve grown accustomed to Michelle dishing advice, admonishments and encouragement – it’s just like taking Mum along on my runs!
- If you need a tracker designed to produce more data related to your workouts and sleep cycle, keep shopping.
- You’ll be required to bring your phone along on all runs because the Moov relies on it to sync up routines.
- You’ll have to learn to properly align grooves and components so the puck doesn’t fall out and get lost.
- Michelle can be irritating, so if someone already yells at you, think before buying!
- Loss of a phone signal in areas with no reception could put an end to your tracking until you’re near a tower.
- Reports of strap breaks have been mentioned in reviews, but I can’t speak of this as my personal experience.
What can I say about the happy dance I began doing when I realised that I spent less on my Moov Now than I would have if I hired a personal trainer for just two hours instead?
Further, I like the humanity behind the company that produces this little gem: the folks behind the Moov got their start-up thanks to a crowdfund campaign. People believed in this device and the innovators behind it.
As for me, I get top-of-the-line performance and I didn’t have to buy multiple apps to suit the activities in which I indulge. Further I couldn’t ask for a device that so precisely tracks my cadence, stride, progress, endurance and running efficiency.
The Moov is like a rare piece of art; a limited edition that doesn’t even try to emulate “the other guys.” See if you don’t agree with me!
The Moov Now™ US$ 59.95 is available in four core colors and three band colors at Moov online store.