I Almost Gave Up Until I Began Wearing Saucony Ride ISO Running Shoes
Saucony Ride ISO running shoes came into my life on a day that I desperately needed help! I had grown cynical about running, but a fortuitous series of circumstances changed all that.
Having ended my summer with a less-than-perfect track record of personal bests (not to mention no new finisher medals), I began to wonder if I was smart to put so much time and energy into my conditioning and competitive runs. I seemed to be getting nowhere fast.
Eager to take one last shot at my technique, I hired a coach. To be honest, she did as much for my ego as she did for my form—then she asked me about my running shoes.
At first, I was defensive. One brand has been my go-to shoe since I started running. Who was she to question my choice? Of course, I was being silly. This wasn’t personal. She was asking me to look at all aspects of my running life—including my shoe choices.
The Saucony Ride ISO running shoe
Was I resistant to the Saucony brand for a specific reason? Nothing came to mind. The company philosophy was uplifting. Styles are always trendy. And pricing wasn’t much different from the brand I usually bought.
Was I letting habit determine my choices? To find out, I not only picked up a pair of Saucony Ride ISO Women’s running shoes at my coach’s urging, but I agreed to write this review. And that changed everything.
This shoe has a proud pedigree: it’s the heir to the Ride 10 and offer Saucony’s EVERUN topsole construction that stokes energy return. When a shoe is engineered this cleverly, who expects comfort? The brand’s signature continuous cushioning proved to be a bonus I didn’t expect.
I thought the company was exaggerating when I read that the Ride was designed to adapt to my foot shape like a custom fit, but again, I was proven wrong. I hate clichés, but I feel the need to insert one here: these shoes fit like a glove.
Having fought the trend for way too long, I invited a mesh upper into my life. Worried that I would have to clean my shoes perpetually, I discovered in this mesh a carefree surface that attracted no more soil than my old footwear. This was becoming quite an education for me!
- No gimmicks necessary to make this shoe the poster child for innovation.
- The PWRFOAM midsole performs like a well-trained racehorse, protecting my insteps from injury.
- Saucony promised and delivered a heel piece that contributes to a “lockdown fit.”
- I have come to appreciate the force dispersion, flexibility and traction Saucony’s TRI-FLEX system delivers.
- My supination issues are resolved. I no longer obsess about my under-pronation problem.
- Because this shoe is neither waterproof nor water-resistant, I can’t wear them to run in the rain.
- This is a “road and track” shoe, so I’ll need to wear other shoes when I hit my favourite trails.
- The 8mm offset works for me but may not provide enough cushioning between heel and forefront for others.
I become a convert
One day, I found myself in despair as a result of self-doubt over a poor running season, but like many Singaporean women who don’t know the meaning of quitting, I gave myself another chance to rise like a phoenix.
Not only did my decision to engage a coach serve me well, but I came to respect the revolutionary fit system that’s the hallmark of the Saucony Ride ISO running shoe. Fit. Flexibility. I should add Formidable. Lucky me. My story has an awesome ending!
Have you ever reached a stage where you wonder whether it makes sense to keep on running? What triggered it? How did you “recover”?
The Ride ISO is available in Royal Sporting House stores at S$159. The Ride ISO will be available in men’s sizes 7-13, 14 and 15, and women’s sizes 5-12, and will be available in width options.