We glad to announce that Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020 is coming back to you.
Are you ready to start a new year with the biggest marathon in Vietnam which counts the continuous support from the Association of Athletics Federations in Ho Chi Minh City and the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Culture and Sports?
The Ho Chi Minh City Marathon is the most exciting marathon in Vietnam and will be held on 5 January 2020. Make sure to jot down your calendar now and get ready to prep up for the amazing marathon.
Get over their limitation and have an amazing running experience in Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020 Race Categories
The race categories for the HCMC Marathon largely remain unchanged. The 5 main race categories in the 7th edition of the Ho Chi Minh City Marathon are:
- 42km Full Marathon: Make waves and be a part of Ho Chi Minh City by running its marathon and conquering the famous Phu My bridge.
- 21km Half Marathon: Get a substantial taste of the Saigon in this half marathon distance. An opportunity to run together with more serious and professional runners from Vietnam and from all over the world.
- 10km: A more challenging yet feasible distance for those sports and running enthusiasts with a timed course that will let you enjoy the race- the most beautiful city marathon guaranteed here in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- 5km: A great distance for first time runners, a chance to join the race in the most dynamic city of Vietnam. The 5km distance is also perfect for having fun while practicing a healthy activity.
There are also charity slots and road to 10th categories.
Running is never just about reaching the finish line but also enjoy the vibes, the excitement and the beautiful sceneries along the way that will stimulate the runners’ senses. We are excited for our runners to explore the beautiful place in Saigon, Vietnam, where the marathon starts.
Besides that, there are two activities for the event at 4 January 2020. Warm-Up Day will be held one day before the race day with a lot of activities. Not only for runners to get prep up for the biggest marathon in Vietnam, but also for families, children and young people to have fun together.
Also, the 1km Kids Dash is a fantastic event for kids and their cheering parents and the spectators. This is a Fun Run that designed especially for children to encourage them to be active and healthy through participating in the 1 km race route. Children from from 6 – 10 years old are able to participate the event.
Both of the activities will be at Phu My Hung, Ward Tan Phu, District 7.
Weather in Ho Chi Minh City
If you have not been to Ho Chi Minh City, you might wish to take note especially for runners not in Asia.
The Ho Chi Minh City has a tropical climate wit the average temperature at 27.4 °C. The best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City is the dry months from December to March, when temperatures range between 21°C and 34°C which is perfect as the Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020 falls between this period.
The Road to 10th Ho Chi Minh City Marathon
Lastly, for road to 10th. It is for runners who are in it for the long haul. So you will be purchasing the package for the next three years with a flat price.
As well as committing to hop on the road to the 10th annual race. The offer is available for full-marathon runners who have a Vietnamese Resident Card only.
Ho Chi Minh City Marathon has grown exponentially and has established itself as the most popular and biggest marathon in Vietnam, mainly due to the efforts of the event organiser Pulse Active with the support of the local government as well as other sponsors and participants.
Let’s take a look at some of previous coverage of the Ho Chi Minh City Marathon.
- Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2019
- Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2018
- Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2017
- Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2015
How to Train For Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020?
The event organiser has provided a comprehensive training plan to assist to get you ready for the Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020. No matter which level or running ability you are in, you can definitely make use of the follow training plans.
Full Marathon 15 Weeks Training
If you’re new to running a marathon, this guide will get you in shape for the Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020.
You should have done four to eight weeks of steady running so that you have a base of fitness to build on. This training program is designed to cater for beginners.
Some of the key terms explained as below:
ER = Easy Run, SR = Steady Run, TR = Tempo Run, HR = Hill Run, FR = Fartlek Run, IR = Interval Run, LR = Long Run, MP = Marathon Pace, 1/2MP = Half Marathon Pace, H&N = Hydration & Nutrition Strategies.
Run/Walk Training Plan
If you are a new to running, this run/walk programme can assist you to run continuously for 30 minutes in under six weeks. Stick to this training schedule and you will improve.
Full Marathon – Sub 4:30 Marathon (Treadmill Training Plan)
If you are unable to run outdoors due to weather or any other reasons, you can use this indoor training plan to enhance your speed and endurance to break a 4:30-hour-marathon at at HCMC Marathon 2020.
If you wish to find out more about how other top runners train for their marathon races you can take a look at this free marathon training plan.
Where to Stay in HCMC City?
The official hotel for HCMC Marathon 2020 is Capri Hotel which is a stone throw away from the event site. It is a perfect choice for the runners, who is looking for an accommodation to stay during the race.
The hotel is equipped with kitchen & laundry facilities for the guests’ convenience and is also located in a walking distance to the Crescent Mall with many dining options that can help runners to load up their carbo before the race.
Hydration Guide For Ho Chi Minh City Marathon 2020
Getting proper fluid replenish is crucial during a race. Here are some useful tips for staying hydrated from the doctors at Hospital of Special Surgery – Sports Performance & Rehabilitation Department (New York, USA).
- Plan ahead
- Have sources of fluid available
- Add in breaks during training
- Have appetising sources of fluid available (i.e. if you like flavour, add a lemon wedge.)
- Listen to your body. If you’re thirsty, drink up.
What is Ho Chi Minh City Marathon To You?
The event organiser is inviting all past participants of the HCMC marathon to share their special story to inspire fellow runners.
Your story will appear in:
- HCMC Marathon social media pages (Facebook/ Instagram)
- Official website in a dedicated inspirational page
For people who that share their story to inspire others, you will also get small gifts:
- The 10 inspirational and meaningful stories uploaded on the event Fan page and Web site will receive a promotion code of 50% when joining HCMC Marathon 2020 powered by Taiwan Excellence.
- The best stories uploaded on the Fan page and Web site will receive a free slot for any distances of HCMC Marathon 2020 powered by Taiwan Excellence, plus the privilege to be placed at the start line to start the race together with the organiser.
Sign up for the HCMC marathon 2020 before the registration ends by November 20, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions About HCMC Marathon 2020
When is the HCMC Marathon 2020?
The HCMC Marathon 2020 will be held on 5th January 2020.
Where will the HCMC Marathon 2020 be held?
The venue fo the HCMC Marathon 2020 is at Phu My Hung, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.
What is the distance categories for the HCMC Marathon 2020?
The main categories are 1km Kid Dash, 5km, 10km, 21km, 42 km.
How to register for the HCMC Marathon 2020?
You can register the HCMC Marathon 2020 at Spacebib.