Prudential Marina Bay Carnival: Why You Should Run at Marina Bay till April in Singapore
As if there are not enough reasons to run at the picturesque Marina Bay area in Singapore, Marina Bay Carnival gives you 8 additional reasons to run at Marina Bay from now till April 2018.
Are you constantly looking for ways to add varieties to your usual running routes or make your running more fun? Well, from 15 December 2017 to 1 April 2018, running at Marina Bay will guarantee you a hell of a fun time. Here are the reasons why.
1. There’s a carnival with no entrance fee!
It’s called Prudential Marina Bay Carnival. Open daily from 4:00 to 10:00 p.m., the carnival is held at two places: Bayfront Event Space and The Promontory. With more than 40 rides and games, you’ll have a memorable day if you end your run at Marina Bay and spend your evening at the carnival.
Yes, you heard it right. There are no entrance fees to enter the carnival and enjoy the atmosphere. To enjoy the rides, games and food, you can purchase a prepaid card on-site at the Carnival grounds or online.
2. The thrill rides will elevate your adrenaline rush and send your endorphin levels through the roof.
Have you wished you could prolong the adrenaline rush that hits you every time you finish a run? Now you can. Finish your run at Marina Bay and treat yourself to these 4 must-do thrill rides:
- Mach 5. If you must choose only 1 ride, this is the ride you must do. You sit in a gondola at the end of a rotating long arm which spins quickly up to 130km/hr. At height up to 55m above ground, enjoy the thrill while you look at Marina Bay area upside down.
- Das Fun Schiff. This Viking ship swings you to 70° while making sure your heart beats above 150bpm. It’s not for the faint-hearted.
- Star Flyer. This ride lets you fly above Marina Bay area! At 35m above ground, your chair will swing around a tower, giving you the sensation of flying.
- Euro Coaster. Rollercoaster lovers, if you fancy medium thrill level, you will enjoy Euro Coaster.
3. You don’t have to be thrill-seekers to have a good time at the carnival.
If you’re not an adrenaline junkie, you can have fun too with family-friendly rides, such as Lighthouse Slip, Jungle River, Dodgems (bumper car), Shark Coaster, Dumbo Ride, Gallopers (Carousel), Rockin Tug and Trampoline.
4. Show off your skills at the game booths.
There are 1.2 million of carnival prizes from Marvel and Pixar to be won! Whether you’re great in shooting, throwing, aiming, catching a fish or playing basketball, the games at Prudential Marina Bay Carnival are the best place for you to show off your skills and shower your loved ones with the prizes that you win.
5. Enjoy free yoga and fitness classes to complement your running regime.
The free yoga classes will take place at The Promontory every Tuesday from 9 January through to 27 March, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. Meanwhile, fitness classes will be held every Thursday from 11 January through to 29 March, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. On weekends, there are also additional classes from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. in January and February. To register, visit Fitness by the Bay.
6. Refuel with delicious food.
Before and after a rigorous run, you need to fuel. From hearty dishes, local favourites, gourmet food to Michelin-starred offerings, your stomach would be so spoilt for choice. Our recommendation: chilli crab bao.
7. Enjoy music performances.
Your mood gets better when singers and DJs take on the stage! Independent voices in the local music scene such as pop punk artiste Falling Feathers, petite powerhouse Kexin Tay, hip-hop rapper TheLionCityBoy, and rising star Jasmine Sokko will add electrifying energy to the carnival atmosphere. Details of performers are available on the Marina Bay Carnival Facebook page.
8. From Marina Bay, continue your run to other places.
Fancy Marina Bay at night? Try to run from The Promontory towards Gardens by the Bay, then Marina Barrage, Gardens by the Bay (East), Tanjong Rhu Promenade and end your run at Singapore Sports Hub.
Staying in the northern part of Singapore? You can run back home if you run along Kallang River! From Marina Bay Sands, run along Helix Bridge, continue to F1 Pit Building, Kallang Riverside Park (West). Cross Rochor Link to Kallang Riverside Park (North), run along Kallang River and you will pass Potong Pasir, Toa Payoh, Bishan and Ang Mo Kio.
We know that you’re all geared up for the run and fun at Marina Bay, but we urge you not to push yourself too hard in order to avoid injuries. You can consider sports injury Insurance to protect you against unforeseen financial damage caused by sports-related injuries or accidents.
Are you a carnival type of person? What’s your favourite carvinal?